Thursday, August 24, 2006

The turntable baby

Do you want the good news? Or the bad news?

The good news is that after spending a week in QLD swimming, snorkelling and just generally floating around on my belly in the middle of a blow up ring in the pool... the baby is no longer posterior!!!

The bad news is that it is now breech! (head up instead of head down)
So now I have to start researching techniques for turning a breech baby, which I think involves lying down on an ironing board with my head down and my feet up! Sounds interesting!

Anyway, the plane ride up to Townsville went really well. I only got a little bit of swelling in my hands on the way up. I made sure to get up and go to the toilet midway through the flight - it was the first time I had been in a plane toilet! It sure is squishy in there, especially when Josh came with me!

Nothing much else to report... I have locked in my last day of work as the 19th September. That means exactly 16 more train tickets to buy (which sounds better than saying four more weeks of work!).

I go to Ballarat in two weeks time for my 36 week checkup and chat with the OB. I will be having another scan at around 37-38 weeks to see what position the baby is in. Head down and anterior position would be very nice, otherwise it is looking like another CS for me.

No comments: