Friday, September 07, 2007

11 Months

Wow... 11 months. Time to get my butt into gear!

It is September again, the wisteria is just starting to flower again, Spring is in the air!
It is a great time to play outside. That is why I hope that Sam starts to walk real soon. We take him outside and he always ends up in the swing while we do the gardening or hang the washing.
He used to love the swing, but even he is getting fed up with it now.
I even let him play in the sand pit the other day. He absolutely loved it! It was just the constant "no Sam you can't eat sand", "spit it out Sam, that's yukky", got a bit tedious after a while.

We went on a few play dates in the last couple of weeks. It was good for Sam to play with some kids closer to his own age. I guess that's the thing with being the second baby... most of your 'friends' are three year olds! His friends are three months older than him and already walking up a storm. So I think that has really motivated Sam, because he got really adventurous the other night and took a few tentative steps!!! You should have seen the look on his face! He was so proud. He just knew that he was doing something clever.
The record so far is three steps before he falls in a pile of laughter.

Oh yeah and I have been told that he is looking older now (see I can't notice these things - I see him every day!). His hair is getting longer at the back, and yes it has the dreaded curl!

On the teeth front - we now have a total of seven teeth! Four on top and three on bottom.

A new trick that Sam did tonight... I told him to clap... and he did... with his feet!!! And yes, he thought that was very funny! He can't clap with his hands yet but.

What else? He loves looking at the fish tank, he cracks up at the cats, he likes to follow you into the toilet, he has become a real mummy's boy, he likes to drink out of Josh's straw cup, he loves having a bath, he talks on the phone to me at work, he puts his hand up to his ear and pretends to talk on the phone, he loves car keys, remote controls and mobile phones (but I think all babies do!).

His current routine is to go to wake up some time between 6:30 and 7:30am. Then he has a breakfast of toast, or weetbix or baby muesli. He is back to bed at 9am with a bottle. He wakes up some time between 10 and 11, then its lunchtime. This could be anything from left over veggies, to baby food, to yogurt. Back to bed with a bottle at about 1pm. Then he wakes up between 2 and 4pm. At 6pm if I am working the boys come down to the train station to meet me. Kel says that about this time Sam starts sooking, like he knows that I will be home soon.
Then I give Sam his dinner which could be anything, similar to lunch. Lately he has been having a bath with Josh, then a bottle and into bed at 7pm. He usually wakes once during the night at about 1am for a quick bottle and nappy change (but I am hoping to wean this one real soon!).

1 comment:

katef said...

awww how exciting those first steps! Go Sam Go!