Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Baby Shower / Blessingway

On Sunday I had a babyshower / blessingway. It was lots of fun, and a nice relaxing time. I didn't want a traditional baby shower this time, so instead we had footspas, massages, and lots of food!

I still had blue toenails left over from Magnetic Island which were looking a bit worse for wear, so Lisa kindly redid my nails in a nice purple colour.

Esther gave me a very nice back massage with oil.

I had the nursery set up with the massage chair and the foot massager, lavender oil burning and nice relaxing music so that everyone could have a turn of just sitting back and relaxing.

I had everyone bring a bead and I made a necklace that I will wear while in labour. Here is a picture of the finished product:


Then we all got creative and had to design a picture to paint onto my belly! Everyone really got into this activity (I think people like getting back to their childhood!!). I chose a design and then everyone had a turn of painting on my belly. Here is the final result...

Here is a closeup of my belly - after a bit of wear and tear! (It looks a bit like a mosaic) I ended up having to pick Kel up from Mark's house (yes I am crazy and went out in public with my belly art!!!) and when I drove home the steering wheel was rubbing on my belly! I can't believe that my belly has grown so much in such a short amount of time - it was fine when I drove on Thursday!!

As everyone left they were given a candle and a name of somebody to call - like a phone chain, so that when I go into labour everyone can light a candle and send positive thoughts my way.

Now I just have to wait for the big event to begin...

No comments: