Thursday, July 20, 2006

29 Weeks – The Third Trimester




A lot has happened in the past month…

We have now booked into Ballarat Base Hospital. I know that it is a longer distance to travel (about 40 minutes compared to 10) but I really feel that we have the best chance for a VBAC at Ballarat compared to Bacchus Marsh.

We went for a tour of Ballarat and I just got a really good vibe from them. They were really supportive of me trying for a VBAC and said that there was no way I could have had Josh naturally and there is no reason why the same thing should happen for this baby.

Ballarat has a really nice maternity ward with five Birthing Suites, a spa (which I hope I will be able to use) and a kids play room (Josh was already eyeing off the toys!).

I had my first appointment at Ballarat last week. First I saw the midwife who took my blood pressure and explained how things will work. Then we saw the Dr. It was the same Dr who my friend had for her baby and she LOVED him! He explained the risks of VBAC and basically explained that he will let me go to about one week overdue. I need to go into labour by myself (no induction) and I would need to have continuous monitoring. This is to watch out for uterine rupture. I am happy with everything except the continuous monitoring, so I might try and negotiate on that one.

The best news I got from the Dr was that the baby is already head down, and he said that it does not feel like a 4.2kg baby (which Josh was). That is great news for me!!!

I am now doing shared care, which means that every two weeks I see my local GP to have a check-up for blood pressure etc. It will save a long drive every two weeks! I go back to Ballarat at 36 weeks.

This baby has been so active lately! I think I have been having Braxton Hicks too. I didn’t have them last time so I’m not sure exactly, but it feels like my whole belly just goes really hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the 190th BLOG I've posted this comment on since yesterday:

As a veteran of Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq...over these last few months...I've wondered to myself, "Is it possible to reduce the amount of hatred and violence in our world?"

Last week, before going to sleep, I began asking myself a lot of WHAT IF questions.

The central theme behind my thoughts are neither anti-war or pro-religion. My words are not meant to inspire scenes of flag-burning or political protest signs. Sadly, I realize that sometimes a lasting Peace means war.

However, unless someone and everyone start talking about the idea of Peace...

Even if it's just for two short minutes...

It's possible that an unstoppable firestorm of hatred may one day burn its way across our entire planet.

Instead of pointing out those differences which separate mankind...

It's my hope that the humanity within all of us will somehow prevail...

Even if it's JUST FOR TWO SHORT MINUTES...

See link: http://just-one-day-of-peace.blogspot.com/

PS

You've made a very nice Family Blog!